Natural Remedies for Psoriasis
How Do You Get Psoriasis?
How do you get psoriasis? Psoriasis affects over 7.5 million people in the U.S. alone. It can show up almost unannounced, but usually when you’re under a lot of stress. There are few ways you can get psoriasis, but most commonly it is from your liver not being able to handle all the toxins that are in your body.
You can experience mild psoriasis, moderate psoriasis or even severe psoriasis. It will depend upon whether your psoriasis just showed up or you have been experiencing it for a while now. It is usually not contagious or fatal so a lot of people simply ignore it or try to put lotion or cream on it to make it appear less unsightly.
Types of Psoriasis
There are some basic Types of Psoriasis and places where then tend to show up most commonly. Here are the psoriasis types and locations you will see the most of when someone is experiencing psoriasis:
- Psoriasis Vulgaris or Plaque Psoriasis (This is the most common type of psoriasis and can appear anywhere but usually shows up on your elbows, knees, scalp or lower back)
- Psoriasis Guttate (Trunk, upper arms, thighs and scalp)
- Erythodermic Psoriasis (This is the least common but usually the most serious of the types of psoriasis. The irritation will appear to be red and burned looking, and you may experience a change in body temperature)
- Pustular Psoriasis (Usually happens to adults, and is a skin irritation or bumps filled with pus. It is not usually contagious)
- Inverse Psoriasis (Armpits, groin, under the breast, and in the folds of your skin, usually in or around the buttocks or genital area)
- Nail Psoriasis (Pitted, tender or painful nails that may change color to yellow or brownish. Chalk like substance under your nails. Half the people with psoriasis have nail psoriasis, and those with psoriatic arthritis)
- Psoriatic Arthritis (This is a combination of having arthritis and psoriasis. It is usually after having psoriasis for a while and then developing joint arthritis. You experience it as swollen and painful joints after rest or upon waking. Sausage like swelling of the joints in your fingers and toes. Your joints may feel warm to the touch and be slightly discolored.)
There are a few psoriasis causes you should know about. It affects a good portion of the population all over the world so it is quite common. Psoriasis is classified as an autoimmune disease or condition, where your immune system attacks your own body’s cells and in this case causes your skin (your largest organ) to create extra skin cells to protect itself. You can help reset this by giving your body cellular level nutrition that feeds the stem cells to recreate healthy immune system and tissue cells. See Cellular Nutrition.
There is a predisposition to psoriasis if your parents were also affected by it. It can be brought about by hormonal changes or out of balance hormone levels. Also, antibiotic use, bacterial infection like streptococcus, or viral infections like HIV, prescription medicine use, food allergies, excess alcohol use, smoking cigarettes, and unrelieved stress.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
There are some general symptoms of psoriasis that you will see when you are being affected by it. Look for the following psoriasis symptoms and signs:
- Itchy, Scaly looking skin on knees, elbows, and upper body. Usually pinkish below with a white top (plaque psoriasis).
- Thick, pitted, discolored nails (fingers or toes) that may seem to separate from the nail bed below (nail psoriasis).
- Red, scaly patches on skin with pus inside, particularly on the hands or feet (pustular psoriasis).
- Stiffness and painful joints, particularly after waking or rest (psoriatic arthritis.)
- Raised body temperature with any of the above symptoms of psoriasis.
Psoriasis of the Liver
Psoriasis of the Liver is a condition which is usually brought on by harsh prescription medications for psoriasis that damage the liver, creating a condition similar to cirrhosis of the liver. Your liver is your body’s filter system and if it gets clogged up with toxins, chemical medicines, heavy metals and viruses it can literally deteriorate. It is one of the main causes of Psoriasis as well as organ and liver psoriasis.
Serious cases lead to jaundice, or yellowing of the skin and eyes. It’s critical to keep your liver clean and working for you, because if you don’t your body can’t handle the toxins and they go right to your brain and bloodstream where the damage can be more immediate and serious. Keep your liver clean. See How to Detox Your Liver and you will avoid that problem and many more, like psoriasis because your liver is clean and ready to keep your blood and organs free from disease!
There are small list of psoriasis triggers that can cause or make your condition worse. If you are experiencing any of the most common triggers of psoriasis then try and take care of those issues first, and you may also reverse your psoriasis naturally. Here is a list of the most common Psoriasis Triggers:
- Damaged or Clogged Liver
- Allergic Drug Reaction
- Exposure to Harsh Chemicals or Heavy Metals
- Infection (particularly virus or fungal infection like candida)
- Prescription Medicine Side Effects
- Steroid medication use
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Skin Injuries
Natural Treatment for Psoriasis
If you want to reverse your psoriasis then the best way is to use a natural treatment for psoriasis that uses holistic or natural remedies for psoriasis that stop the cause of your psoriasis and allow your body to heal from the inside out. There are some good psoriasis herbs and natural substances that you can take that will help you get rid of psoriasis quickly.
The standard treatment of psoriasis usually involves UVA light therapy (although this is quickly going out of favor with medical doctors, as it creates more skin irritation and burning), prescription medications and prescription topical creams. Modern medicine says it’s incurable, so just live with it and take your medicine. Holistic medicine has a great answer because they actually treat the cause of psoriasis, so the symptoms go away for good. Read below the Best Treatment for Psoriasis and start getting rid of your psoriasis and go sleeveless or shirtless again.
Best Treatment for Psoriasis
The best treatment for psoriasis is using natural psoriasis remedies and therapies that stop the cause of psoriasis as well as your psoriasis symptoms quickly and safely, without additional side effects. Here are the best natural remedies for psoriasis that you can can use to reverse your unsightly psoriasis skin infection.
- Liver Detox (It starts with your liver being free from toxins, heavy metals, and chemicals that clog it up and cause it to shrink. It needs to be strong enough to protect you from psoriasis and other harmful diseases. You can use natural herbs like milk thistle extract, yellow dock, dandelion, chanca piedra or use an organic liver cleanse formula like Livatrex)
- Immune Support (Keep your immune system balanced and strengthened. Since psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder you need to treat that condition before anything else will get better. This will treat the infection cause of psoriasis. You can use a natural supplement like Zeotrex that has zeolite and medicinal mushroom health benefits as well as organic herbs to do this naturally)
- Yeast and Fungal Cleanse (This is an underlying cause of many psoriasis symptoms, as well as many chronic conditions in your body that usually go undiagnosed, but clear up when your yeast/mold/fungal infection are treated. Use a Candida Cleanse to clear it out of your organs, and particularly skin and nails.)
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory Herbs (Use a few specific herbs like Turmeric Extract with a high curcuminoid content, as well as Enteric Coated Omega-3 Oils.)
- Cannabinoids (Hemp Seed Extract and CBD can be very helpful for Psoriasis recovery by delivering powerful natural pain relief, itch relief, and help stop the chronic stress hormones and infections that cause Psoriasis too.)
- Topical Creams (Use topical creams, or even an unprocessed organic coconut oil, fresh aloe vera gel or to help stop the itch and scaling of your skin and to nourish it so it can heal. The best deep skin hydration nutrient is Na-PCA. This is an amino acid that is needed to keep moisture in your skin, and is lost as we age or are experiencing eczema or psoriasis. There is an inexpensive Na-PCA with Aloe Vera Gel Spray that can help keep you skin from being dry and itchy. This can really help you get some relief, as long as you’re taking care of the main causes of psoriasis as shown above this one.
If you use these natural remedies for psoriasis you can not only stop the cause of psoriasis but the itchy, scaly, sometimes painful traces of it from all over your body. You will finally be able to go sleeveless or wear shorts without feeling a little uneasy about it. Uncover you own smooth, radiant and beautiful skin once again!