Natural Treatment of Depression
Depression is something that everyone, including you and I, have felt at one time or another in our journey though this life. Although it is uncomfortable, and downright depressing, it is a normal feeling that can last for a few moments in time, or become a serious issue if it doesn’t lift within a few days naturally. Choosing a Holistic or Natural Treatment of Depression can help you get back on track, without the very harmful and sometimes lethal effects of harmful prescription medicines.
Feelings of Depression can be either short-term or long-term. A Short-term bout of depression can be the result of many things (typically relationship concerns, job or career issues or feeling a lack of true friends). It can also be associated with the weather as in SAD Disorder (seasonal affective disorder) where you feel the blues when the skies are gray for a prolonged period of time.
A long-term bout of depression may actually be a Depression Disorder. This is a mood disorder that affects your entire body, including your moods, thoughts, and behaviors. Depression is not a sad mood that passes, nor is it a sign of weakness. There are many causes of depression depending on the type and age of person experiencing unhappiness. If left untreated, Depression Symptoms may last for weeks, months or years.
Why Am I Depressed?
“Why Am I Depressed?” You may ask. It’s really about how we interpret our life and make sense of what is happening to us. it’s not what has happened to you, but more about what you think About what has happened to you, that may be causing your feelings of depression or anxiety. Being depressed stems from how we explain things to ourselves, such as self talk or ANT’s (Automatic Negative Thoughts.)
To be specific, our thoughts are physical things that manifest into physical symptoms generated by the chemical reactions in our nervous system to those limiting thought patterns. That does NOT mean that people who become depressed are to be blamed, but rather it is our minds way of bringing to our conscious awareness that something is out of balance in our lives and needs to be examined.
Substance Abuse and Depression
Is there a link between Substance Abuse and Depression? Using any substance that affects your thinking, health and mood can lead to depression. Psychoactive substances like alcohol, “shrooms,” ayahuasca“ or even “herb,” can be used as a crutch to tune out of your world, and not feel the stresses of life. They can be used beneficially for a short time, and in moderation, but used habitually or excessively it can lead to full blown depression or worse!
Becoming addicted to any substance (or even person for that matter) can interfere with the neurotransmitters “molecules of emotion” and natural serotonin and dopamine release. When you become addicted to something, you lose yourself in the process. It can hijack your own reason for being here, alive at this point in time. You came for a specific reason and to learn valuable lessons, and help others have a better quality of life, because of your own individual unique perspective on life. You matter.
If you want to stop feeling depressed, then there are far better ways to do that, that can actually help you relate to your environment and be a light unto our world. Going back to nature can be one of the best things to get you there and keep you on a journey through this thing called life, skipping to your own happy, productive beat!
Depression Symptoms and Signs
There are some common depression signs and symptoms that you should be aware of. If you have any of the below signs of depression, then you should treat your depression as soon as possible. It can lead to more severe psychological, emotional and physical problems in your body if you do nothing. Have you noticed any of the following:
- Appetite Changes – Unexplained Weight Loss or Weight Gain
- Obsessive or Compulsive Negative Thoughts
- Thoughts of Hurting or even Taking Your Own Life
- Feeling Disconnected From Everything and Everyone Around You
- Feeling Irritable, Restless or Withdrawn from Everyone
- Feeling Worthless, Discouraged, Guilty or even Hopeless
- Trouble Falling Asleep, Staying Asleep, or Sleeping all Day
- Fatigue or Lack of Energy to do Anything
- Trouble Concentrating on Anything or Making any Decisions
- Overwhelming Fear that Depression will push You Over The Edge
If you have any one or more of the above symptoms of depression, then see your natural healthcare professional and make use of the natural remedies and therapies below to start feeling better again naturally.
Types of Depression Disorders
There many Types of Depression Disorders. From the most sever type, Major Depression to Seasonal Affective Disorder, and other types of depression in between. Here are the most common Main Depression Types and how to treat them naturally:
- Major Depression: is manifested by a combination of symptoms that interfere with the ability to work, sleep, eat and enjoy once pleasurable activities. These disabling episodes of depression can occur once, twice or several times i
n a lifetime and is one of the biggest reasons people seek Depression Help.
- Dysthymia: a less severe type of depression, involves long-term, chronic symptoms that do not disable, but keep you from functioning at “full steam” or from feeling good. Sometimes people with dysthymia also experience major depressive episodes.
- Bipolar Disorder: involves episodes of depression, usually severe, alternating with episodes of extreme elation called mania. The symptoms are the same as manic depression symptoms, which was how Bipolar depression was referred to in the past. The depression that is associated with bipolar disorder is often referred to as bipolar depression.
- Pregnancy Depression: sometimes called post partum depression, is a feeling of being overwhelmed by life during or immediately after pregnancy or delivery. It is thought to be brought on by hormonal changes in the body and feelings of helplessness and general unhappiness.
- Seasonal Depression: which medical professionals call seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is depression that occurs only at a certain time of the year, usually winter. It is sometimes called “winter blues.” Although it is predictable, it can be very severe. If you think you are suffering with SAD Disorder see the article specific to it here: Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment.
Depression Statistics show that between 10-20% of people are currently experiencing some form of depression. They also show us that almost everyone at one time or another has a deep bout of depression commonly known as “soul searching.”
Depression Test Quiz
Here is a quick Depression Test Quiz you can use to see if you have any clinical depression symptoms. Are you experiencing any of the following depression symptoms?
- Are you suffering from a persistent empty feeling for a long period of time?
- Do you struggle with guilt and worthlessness that just will not stop?
- Do you ever feel so nervous or afraid you might lose control or just go insane?
- Are you feeling despair or hopelessness and think everything you do just fails?
- Do you fear the past or see your future as dimly lit?
- Do you ever think about ending it all or mutilating yourself to relieve the pressure?
- Loss of interest in previous activities that used to bring you joy, including sex?
- Do you have a hard time making even simple decisions?
The amount of depression test answers you answered with a “yes” choice, the more likely you are experiencing clinical depression. Check out the natural guide to becoming depression free below, without the use of harmful medicines or substances. Learning how to control your own thoughts, emotions and behaviors can make a world of difference in the way you experience your life.
Depression Therapy Types
There are not only safe and effective holistic depression remedies (which you will find right at the end of this article) but also natural Depression Therapy Types that can help you without taking a single vitamin, herb or mineral supplement. You can literally shine a light on depression using a natural light therapy or sad lamp.
- Natural Sunlight Therapy – 20+ minutes of sunlight before 10am or after 2pm or use of Full Spectrum Lighting indoors
- Vitamin D3 Therapy – The Sunshine Vitamin naturally helps relieve depression, strengthens your bones and connective tissues, helps prevent arthritis, natural cancer preventative and improves your immune system, see Vitamin D3 Benefits to see why everyone should be taking this very important vitamin
- Exercise Therapy – At least 20 Minutes per day of movement, outdoors preferred because of nature’s uplifting benefits
- Color Therapy – Surround yourself with (or wear) cheerful bright colors, particularly yellows, greens and earth colors
- EFT Tapping – The Emotional Freedom Technique is very helpful for those affected by Depression. You learn to tap on acupuncture points to release the stored memories that trigger negative or depressing thoughts or actions. You then replace the negative memory (while tapping) that is causing you to feel and reactive in a negative way with a positive response. It works really well for depression, anxiety, chronic illnesses, stress relief, performance enhancement, and even for overcoming phobias)
- Depression Free Method – A natural method that teaches you to feel better in any situation)
Start out by changing the lighting in your home to full-spectrum lighting. Throw away those fluorescent bulbs with harmful mercury and a “flicker rate” that interferes with your brain waves. It makes a big difference in the way you feel because unnatural lighting saps your brain waves and even lowers your immunity. It literally is making you sick, tired and depressed.
Then get outdoors for at least 20 minutes on days where there is sunlight. Exercise in any way that you can that is comfortable for you. Consider eating more vibrantly colored foods (yellows, oranges and greens) and take some of the recommended supplements above!
Treat Depression and Anxiety
How to Treat Depression and Anxiety or Stress Naturally? The natural depression remedies are great to get you through bouts of depression but they are not a cure. Using a natural Depression Treatment that addresses the cause of your depression can actually Break The Cycle Of Depression permanently! It uses a tool That Will give you Immediate Depression Relief.
This is not a quick fix, pill or surgery to remove brain components but a method that will provide you with power and control over every depression demon of the past and future, starting now! Learn the secrets that thousands of people, just like you who at one time suffered the mental twisting effects of depression:
|Success Story #4: Alice Fletcher“…I’m proud to say I’m one of the happiest mother in the world.”|
“I have been suffering from post partum depression for the past one year when I gave birth to a baby boy. I couldn’t stop thinking about how my husband loves him more than me and how things might be better if he wasn’t born at all. Thus, I stayed away from him because I knew that I might do something I will regret for the rest of my life.
Almost instantly I went to a therapist and convince them that I need help. Among other things, I’ve tried herbal supplements and other book to treat depression but nothing works like the Depression Free Method. So now I’m proud to say I’m one of the happiest mother in the world. My husband loves us both very much and I thank the Lord for the blessing he gave us. But thank you again!!! Now I know I can get through this without worrying if I am going to go crazy!!!”
–Alice Fletcher, (Los Angeles, USA)
|Success Story #5: Riza Ayre“I am impressed…and that is saying a lot since I have experienced depression over 15 years.“|
“I have followed the treatments covered in Depression Free Method program for about 5 weeks. I am impressed…and that is saying a lot since I have experienced depression over 10 years since my mid-teens. I have used anti-depressants and undergo medication treatment for that period of time. But now with the method and absolutely no drugs I can finally say I have been lighthearted and happy and experienced the best Christmas family celebration which I didn’t for a long time.
Thank you so much!”
–Riza Ayre, (London, UK)
Simply visit the Depression Free Method and learn how to be finally free from anxiety and depression for good. You will be so much wiser for learning this and can help others through their darkest nights too. It is a blessing to be able to help others heal themselves naturally.
Holistic Treatment of Depression
Fortunately, there is a way out, a light at the end of the tunnel, that can lead you to a brighter and happier place. Choosing a Holistic Treatment of Depression can help you get there faster than ever before so you can start enjoying life on your own terms, the way you love and know you can be! While there are plenty of great natural herbs, minerals and supplements that elevate your mood and ease away your depression, anxiety and panic, these are the best. Take any one of these or in combination and you can start feeling better right now!
- Lithium Orotate (Dr. John Gray, the world famous psychologist and author of bestselling “Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars” series of books and videos highly recommends this to end depression naturally)
- Cannabinoids (Natural mood enhancers that relieve your feelings of depression, even more severe types of depression like PTSD, as well as healing your whole body from the inside out. Powerful natural cancer remedy as well! You can get them as CBD Oil, Topical Creams, Vape or even easy to take Gummy Bears See Tommy Chong CBD. They have formulas made just for relieving depression anxiety and stress levels. There are other formulas for pain relief and cancer as well)
- Anti-Anxiety Plus (Non-addictive natural stress relieving herbal remedy for anxiety and depression that calms your lifts your mood, soothes your mind, nerves and emotions.)
- Melancholy Lift (Homeopathic Remedy that helps stop feelings of sadness and helplessness and raise your natural “feel good” hormones)
- Homeopathic Medicine for Depression (Homeopathy works primarily on the mental and emotional levels, and that is exactly why it excels at relieving depression symptoms safely and quickly)
These are safe and gentle natural remedies for depression but very powerful too. They don’t have the dangerous side effects of prescription medicines and are non-addictive too.