Natural Remedies for Constipation
Constipation is not being able to have regular bowel movements, or those are hard to pass. Your stool can be dry and sometimes really hard. Constipation can cause abdominal pain and bloating until you able to empty your bowel. You feel like you have to go, but you just can’t. Fortunately, there is a natural solution that can get things back to normal quickly. Natural remedies for constipation can get your bowel moving again so you can be healthy and regular. There are some complications from constipation like hemorrhoids, anal fissures or fecal impaction (stuck feces in your bowels.)
Abdominal pain and constipation can be a serious issue if left untreated for too long. It can be a common problem among those that lead a hectic, stressful lifestyle and may not always eat balanced meals, or even healthy ones. Beverages like coffee, tea, liquor and sweet drinks can make it worse. Constipation can acute (short term and infrequent) or chronic (longer term and more frequent.) Acute constipation heals a lot quicker, in usually a day or two, whereas chronic constipation can last months unless you treat it naturally and balance your gastrointestinal microbiome (environment.) You’ll discover how to relieve constipation holistically and build a lifetime of health.
What is Chronic Constipation
What is Chronic Constipation? The most common definition of chronic constipation is bowel movements that happen 3 or 4 times per week, not day. And chronic constipation can last for several months too. It is the most common form of digestive discomfort in the world and affects all ages from babies to seniors. It causes plenty of doctor office visits and pharmacy visits without getting permanent or lasting relief.
Chronic constipation can rob you of your health, block the nutrients in your food from being absorbed, cause excess weight gain, drain your energy and cause you to feel really unsettled. It can also cause your body to try and expel waste products through the skin and breath, which will leave an embarrassing unpleasant odor that other people can detect. It can lead to serious fecal impaction where the stools become so hard that nothing can pass and you will end up with a blocked colon, an emergency situation.
What Causes Chronic Constipation?
What causes chronic constipation? The causes are generally lack of proper enzymes being absorbed into the body and particularly the colon where digestion takes place. Highly cooked and processed foods have their natural enzymes destroyed, which places a burden upon the body and the body has to “rob Peter to pay Paul” or has to leech them from some other area of the body if they are available. If they are not, then the food does not digest properly and may eventually be stored as body fat. Because of the excessive time it stays in your digestive tract and intestines it also causes the food to ferment and your body will then produce gas and bloating.
Intestinal parasites, bacteria, fungus and viruses thrive in an environment like this, so please do not allow them a foothold in your body and rob your energy and destroy your health. You might also try cutting out wheat products for a little while and see if your symptoms improve long-term. Most people have a wheat gluten sensitivity because the wheat we now eat has changed our bodies frequently see this as a “foreign substance” and can’t digest it properly. It can even lead to chronic inflammation. Trying some gluten free items is working for some chronic sufferers of IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) with great success.
Signs and Symptoms of Constipation
Constipation can affect anyone at anytime. There are obvious ways to tell if you are dealing with constipation and not IBS or other condition. What are the most common signs and symptoms of constipation?
- Abdominal Pain (especially after eating)
- Stomach Bloating
- Fewer than one bowel movement per two or three days
- Excessive straining while on the “porcelain throne”
- Dry, hard stools that are difficult to pass
- Low energy
- General Irritability
- Strange odor coming through your pores or breath
If constipation alternates with chronic diarrhea, it may be that you are developing an autoimmune type disorder that can Inflammatory Bowel Disease or IBD. If you notice any of the above symptoms or signs of constipation then you should balance your microbiome with the treatment shown on the bottom of this page as soon as you can. You can avoid a whole lot of pain, discomfort, cost and disease progression by nipping it in the bud, literally.
Best Diet for Constipation
What is the best diet for constipation relief? There are certain foods you should eat and certain foods you should avoid when you have acute or chronic constipation. The above image shows you the best foods to relieve constipation and the foods you need to avoid because they will worsen your constipation symptoms. Here are the best constipation foods:
- Rye Bread
And here are the foods you should avoid with constipation:
- Red Meat
You should eat as organic as you can as the pesticides in GMO and non-organic foods can cause IBS symptoms. I used to think that it was important to try and gluten free diet plan. I tried cutting out wheat products for a little while to see if my symptoms improved long-term. It was pretty much the same as on a regular wheat diet.
I now discovered that it was not necessarily the gluten in wheat but the way the wheat is processed using a nasty pesticide called glyphosate and that is what was making me feel sick. See Glyphosate Toxicity to see why this is so important to avoid when you’re dealing with constipation or IBS.
Remedies for Constipation
The best natural remedies for constipation help relieve your constipation quickly and safely and restore proper intestinal flora (healthy bacterial and alkaline environment, and rid your body of the pathogens and acidity in your colon). This is combination approach as you need to do a few things to heal completely and have excellent gut health. The first thing you need to do is heal from any infections. Next take digestive enzymes to help you digest food that is stuck in your intestinal walls. Then take a good fiber supplement to flush out what you’ve released from the first steps. Finally replenish the healthy gut bacteria with probiotics.
Cleansing your colon in this way will help you not only stop constipation, but will also help you get rid of stored toxins, parasites and other things that have been sapping your energy. It will even help prevent diverticulitis and cancer from developing in your colon from trapped toxins in your intestines. You first need to detox your intestines, colon and GI tract, then rebuild healthy gut bacteria and flora so you have a healthy, strong and balanced immune system and digestive tract. Here is what you should do to relieve your constipation symptoms quickly:
- Consti-Cleanse is a fast acting constipation relief formula that gives you quick and permanent relief of constipation naturally. It clears excess waste matter (impacted fecal matter) that gets stuck in your colon (causing constipation), it improves your digestion and encourages healthy and regular bowel movements, so you feel great (just say ah….)
- Oxy Powder is ozonated magnesium that flushes your whole gastrointestinal tract from pathogens and helps improve your intestinal pH level to a healthy and balanced level
- Best Type of Magnesium is the natural mineral complex with the most absorbable full spectrum magnesium that soothes and relaxes smooth muscle tissue (prevents and relieves cramping) like your intestinal walls and colon so you have regular eliminations.
I also recommend drinking alkaline water (6-10 glasses per day, depending upon your activity level. Intestinal hydration is important and will allow the treatments to work most effectively and wash out the toxins and your health (and lost energy) can be restored.
Best Supplements for Gut Health
After you have cleansed and detoxified your colon with the constipation natural remedies in the section above you will want to restore your gut to its optimum microbiome balance. Developing optimum digestive and gut health is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Your gut is a big part of your immune system and by keeping your gut healthy you avoid all the negative effects of developing a weakened or compromised immune system, malnutrition or even autoimmune disorders. Use the best supplements for gut health and you can be healthy and regular for the long term. Here are a few important things you can do now:
- Peak BioBoost is a microbiome balancer, it restores optimum intestinal balance so you have normal digestion and elimination. It is a doctor formulated, science-backed prebiotic fiber blend to help you enjoy “perfect poops” on a daily basis..
- P3-OM (Advanced proteolytic probiotics that eliminates harmful bacteria fast, eats up excess sugars and protects your gut from viruses and chronic inflammation)
- Full Spectrum Enzymes are full Spectrum Digestive Enzymes that stop indigestion, bloating and gas. Breaks down protein, carbohydrates and fats so your body actually absorbs the nutrients it needs to heal itself
- Essential Oils for IBD (Frankincense, Peppermint and Lemongrass essential oils improve digestion and protect your intestinal lining and colon from damage. They are highly antimicrobial)
- Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe Vera is very healing to all skin tissues, particularly your gastro-intestinal tract. It is commonly used to heal ulcers, relieve nausea, soothe a burning esophagus, and for skin burns)
You really want to begin eating organic foods because the pesticides in foods can lead to leaky gut syndrome. Pesticides puncture holes in the intestines of the bugs that eat foods sprayed with them, and when YOU eat them, it does the same thing!