Natural Remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep naturally at your normal bedtime. If you are suffering with either acute insomnia (only every once in a while) or chronic insomnia you are not alone. In fact around 30-50% of people in our world suffer from some form of sleeplessness. Natural Remdies for Insomnia can help you get that needed sleep and wake up feeling totally refreshed and ready for what lies ahead. So what are the main insomnia causes?
Insomnia can be caused by many things in your life. Stresses of any kind can keep your mind awake with emotionally charged thoughts that just won’t stop. Here are some common insomnia causes:
- Allergies (get a good hepa air filter if you don’t already have one)
- Exercising too close to bedtime
- Drinking coffee or other stimulants less than 8 hours before bedtime
- Your body is too hot (exercise does this)
- Emotional upset or relationship issues
- Taking prescription medications (many have this as a side effect)
- Excess blue lights (the red tones are much better for sleep)
- Watching exciting TV shows or movies
- Loud or deep beat music like Rap or Metal
- Other external noises
- Pain or inflammation of any kind
- Sleep Apnea consider getting a CPAP machine (for snoring, either you or your partner, get a sleep mouthpiece)
These are just a few of the many causes of insomnia. There is plenty you can do naturally to finally get a good night’s rest.
Effects of Sleep Deprivation
The Effects of Sleep deprivation can lead to mental breakdown and physical illness. It can cause hallucinations, a lowered immune system, impaired judgement and not thinking clearly and becoming easily agitated and upset. It can even be fatal if you can’t get a good nights sleep after so many days. It can also age you faster than a time machine.
It is a serious problem in the United States as well as many countries that use an ever growing collection of technology and electronic devices that all emit waves. Watch this short video explaining how you can avoid chronic sleep deprivation and bring peace to both your mind and body:
How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Getting a good night’s rest is critical for focused thinking and developing a positive outlook on life. When you are sleep during the day, you can become emotionally unstable and lash out against those that you love, without even meaning to. By learning how to get a good night’s sleep you can not only experience more happiness in your life but you can also achieve more.
It’s not difficult but it does take a few steps to learn how to do this. Learning how to quiet a busy mind is step one. Taking natural insomnia remedies (herbs for sleep or homeopathy for insomnia) can help you get there faster and finally take care of one of the biggest problems that we have in our society: being sleepless in Seattle or anywhere else!
How to Quiet Your Mind
Your mind can be overstimulated and keep you awake all night if you let it. Learn how to quite your mind and give your whole body the rest and sleep it desperately needs. Deep breathing (about 8 deep breaths) actually changes your brain wave state from beta (waking chattering mind) to alpha (relaxed and quiet mind) naturally. Closing your eyes also puts you into a light alpha brain wave state and can be done with your deep breathing for relaxation.
These are simple forms of meditation where you take the focus off of your thoughts and move into relaxing feelings instead. You can get brainwave lowering Binaural or Isochronic music that will lower your brain activity in the exact Delta level needed for a complete nights rest In fact there are specific sleep audios that you can listen to with headphones or without headphones so begin the descent into a deep state of restful and restorative sleep.
I just recently discovered a natural sleep aid that has really helped me get the best nights sleep ever, and wake up feeling totally relaxed and ready for the day. It’s called Quantum Sleep and it is the best natural sleep remedy I have taken to date! It has natural minerals, herbs and nutrients made and tested specifically for those that have a hard time getting to sleep (that would be me!) I no longer have that issue in my life!
Remedies for Insomnia
Here are a few Natural Remedies for Insomnia that i have discovered after many anguishing years of being sleepless in Claremont. You can get you some real good deep sleep starting tonight (or daytime if you have reverse working/studying hours.) If you want to get a good nights sleep almost every night then you need to develop a natural sleep routine. Here are the best remedies to relieve insomnia:
- Brainwave Entrainment – Use sleep music that moves your mind into the Delta Sleep Brainwave State which is the exact state it needs to be in for a deep restful sleep.
- Limit Carbs – avoid excess carbohydrates before sleep as they act as sugars and can energize your brain as it feeds on carbs (try cottage cheese, avocado, or a handful of nuts instead.)
- Lower blue light levels, including TV, Computer and Phone Screens. Use a free program called Iris (it auto adjusts computer or phone light to the warm red spectrum, like a sunset.) It is a blue blocker as blue hues will keep you awake. I use this program regularly and it really helps.
- Optimum Sleep Temperature in your home to the low 60’s, making sure your bed is comfortable, making sure your room is dark as possible. Light activates your pineal gland. Dark helps you make natural melatonin for restful sleep. 68 is the ideal sleep temperature if you can get there.
- Quantum Sleep – Take a natural sleep aid that combines the best natural sedatives in a proven sleep formula. I love the Quantum Sleep blend I have just started taking. The bottle says to take 2 tablets before sleep time, and so far I have taken only one and it does the trick. I have had chronic insomnia in the past too, and this works like gangbusters.
- Now It’s Your Turn to Experience a Good Night’s Sleep!