Natural Remedies for Cold
Most people “catch” the common cold by being exposed to it from a family member, friend, co-worker or children if you are around children that are exposed to it. The common cold is really a mild to moderate viral attack that can leave you feeling low on energy with mind fog as well as cough, sneezing, sinus congestion or runniness, headache and mild body aches. Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu can help you prevent, treat and get relief from the common cold symptoms without needing to resort to harmful vaccines.
If you visit a hospital or doctors office you’re at a higher risk for catching a cold. If you’ve gotten any vaccines or are around those that have had them recently, make sure you keep your natural immunity boosted so you can fight it off before it causes you to feel down and out. The cold and flu vaccines actually make it more likely you get the cold or flu and weaken your immune system. See: Is Flu Vaccine Safe?
Common Cold Virus
The common cold virus name is coronaviruses or rhinoviruses. The common cold symptoms are caused by host of different strains of the common cold virus. Most are of the Rhinovirus type (rhino referring to your nose), with a few of them being of the Coronavirus or Carno virus type (corona referring to your head or crown of your head) and they can affect both people as well as animals. The Rhinovirus causes sinus congestion or the constant runny nose that you need to have a box of tissues by your side till it passes. The Coronavirus causes that plus a sore throat and mild headache and body aches.
The common cold is a viral infection (different treatment than a bacterial infection) that usually affects the upper respiratory tract (nose, sinuses, throat, inner ear, lungs.) It is sometimes called nasopharyngitis, rhinopharyngitis or acute coryza. The cold typically lasts abotu a week, with it being most severe the first two days and then lessening. You can cut down the severity and duration (length) of your cold symptoms by using the natural cold remedies at the bottom of this article.
Cold vs Flu Symptoms
How to tell the difference between Cold vs Flu Symptoms? Both the cold and flu are respiratory ailments caused by viruses, although they are different ones. They are very different from bacteria infections (they are many times smaller) so antibiotics will not affect viral infections at all. In fact getting antibiotics may actually do more harm as it will weaken your immune system. That is definitely not what we want. We need to strengthen our immune system naturally so it can not only stop your flu or cold symptoms but prevent them from coming back.
Viral Flu Symptoms usually appear very quickly (within 3-6 hours) and consist of a fever (sudden onset flu fever), body aches, dry cough, and extreme tiredness. Viral Cold symptoms are less severe and people experience a stuffy nose, productive cough, slight tiredness, and limited body aches. Both can be transmitted by air (cough, sneeze, talking) so unless you are keeping your immune system boosted, avoid people with the visible signs of cold or flu.
How to Prevent Colds
How to Prevent Colds the natural way. The holistic method for prevention of common cold symptoms takes a common sense approach. If you currently have it, then cover your mouth with your sleeve or handkerchief when you sneeze or cough. Avoid using your hands as you may shake someone’s hand, touch a doorknob or glass and pass it around and have a lot of others come down with it. If you notice someone who has it coughing or sneezing without covering up, then keep your distance, unless you have built a core of solid natural immunity, which I highly recommend you do.
Don’t depend on antibiotics which only work against bacterial infections and make your body antiboitic resistant anyway. Same with vaccines, they rarely work and usually cause you to end up with the exact thing you are trying to avoid, and they can be very harmful and even lethal! I always recommend taking some natural precautions like using some natural Immune Boosting Herbs before I go on a vacation, to visit a sick friend, out where there are lots of children or where you are going to be in a large group of people, particularly from other regions (they will have virus strains your body may be unfamiliar with and if you’re not protected, you can catch it and have a harder time getting over it.)
Best Natural Remedies for a Cold
Here are the Best Natural Remedies for a Cold. It’s always good to do what nature tries to do, burn the infection out of your body naturally. Your body will use elevated heat (fever) to help stop the replication of the viruses and bacterial infections. You would be wise to do the same. Take hot baths with Epsom salts, hot showers or sit in a hot sauna for at least 15 minutes at a time. Three times a day if you can. Drink plenty of alkaline water or beverages. Use the heat with the following best natural remedies for a cold:
- Oil of Oregano Organic oregano oil is a powerful antiviral and antibacterial that helps break up the symptoms of the common cold quickly.
- Zeotrex is a Liquid Zeolite formula with immune boosting Fulvic Acid, Organic Herbs, and Immune boosting medicinal mushroom extracs. If you prefer to take capsules you can use the Zeolite-AV with Humic Acid instead.
- Nano Colloidal Silver: is a powerful anti-microbial, anti-bacterial (Interferes with the reproduction cycle of harmful germs trying to replicate inside your body). You can also get a Colloidal Silver Maker and make your own for pennies on the dollar for years to come.
- Medicinal Mushrooms: are potent immune system boosters and health protectors. (You can also make a tea out of these like Reishi, Shiitake, Maitake, Chaga and Turkey Tail, although the flavor is a little rough for me so I take the caps if I have them)
- Medicinal Manuka Honey : is a powerful antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial natural medicine that has a unique ability to smother the microbials with an special coating that allows it not to be able and breathe or replicate. The enzymes in it can break the walls and digest them allowing your immune system to see them and zap them. It is also healing to all your tissues.
- Probiotics are healthy bacteria that live in your body, mostly in your gut that help you digest food and protect you from harmful microbials that make you sick. If your body is saturated with probiotics, harmful pathogens won’t have a space to replicate and live in. The higher the CFU (amount of probiotic strains, the better it can protect you. Look for formulas that have Billions of live cultures.)
- Cold Fix is a natural homeopathic remedy that gets rid of the cause of your cold or flu symptoms by triggering your natural immune boosting cells (white blood cells, including immunoglobulins) and lets them know that your body is under attack. Viruses can usually turn off your immune signal while they replicate so your body doesn’t get a jump start on knowing there is a problem. Cold Fix allows your immune cells to see the invaders and stop them cold! It also relieves the all draining symptoms of cold and flu that keep you feeling sick and lethargic. This stuff really works!
Best Natural Cough Remedies
Here are the Best Natural Cough Remedies that stop your unproductive cough and help you feel a whole lot better naturally:
- Medical Manuka Honey Cough Syrup is the #1 natural cough suppressant because it is antiviral, antibacterial and smothers out harmful organisms from your throat while it coats your throat with a lining that stops air from drying out your throat and causing your cough. It can prevent you from getting a bad sore throat or Strep!
- Essential Oils for Cough are very powerful natural cough supressants that can loosen phlegm and and congestion from your throat and chest.
- Get some throat lozenges that have Slippery Elm Bark in it, as that will naturally coat your throat and are easy to take with you when you are out and about.
- Use Fresh Grated Ginger in a hot tea with Manuka Honey.Add a teaspoon of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar a few times a day.
- Eat some vegetable soup (vegetables are alkaline, all meat is acidic) with pink Himalayan salt in it (salt kills pathogens on contact and draws moisture in.)