How to Get Rid of Acne Fast
How to Get Rid of Acne Fast using natural methods. Acne can seem to pop up (pun intended) at the wrong times. It can really put a damper on your social life if you're like me and care about your appearance. It can also lead to nasty and sometimes permanent scarring on your face, neck, back, legs and intimate parts of your body. Knowing how to naturally treat acne and prevent in from coming back can preserve your good looks and help you always feel your best.
I know because I was one of those young adults that struggled with it, and missed many dates with young women whom I thought were the “Woman of my Dreams” types. I sat home on Friday and Saturday evenings frustrated and waiting till the embarrassing zits cleared up. We didn't have the internet to show us how to get rid of acne fast back then, just try and sit it out (no more lonely Saturday nights.)
I tried Clearasil and Oxy-10, which both contain benzoyl peroxide, which helped but it sometimes took 30 days to clear my face and neck, and it dried my skin and made me smell like a medicine chest. Make sure you treat it quickly as permanent scarring can occur, even if you don't scratch it! Unfortunately, I have a couple of these because I didn't know what to do at the time. There are a half dozen or so types of acne and two main causes of acne that you should know about.
Causes of Acne
There are many causes of acne and types of acne as it can show up virtually anywhere on almost anybody at almost any age. Acne is the common term for any form of pimples, lumps (either white or dark in color) and usually full of puss and bacteria. Acne can be caused by hormonal changes (testosterone, progesterone or estrogen) particularly during puberty and also among women who become pregnant (pregnancy acne). Acne most commonly shows up in the face and shoulder areas, but it can also be on the chest, back, neck and even the legs.
Allergies to a food or environmental substances can also bring out inflammation and acne on the area that came in contact with the allergen. This leads to blocked pores and hair follicles which initially become red as the pressure is building under the skin, until it surfaces into a blackhead or whitehead. If you have acne or pimples that are because of an allergic reaction see: Natural Remedies for Allergies to stop the histamine response that is causing your breakouts.
There are about a half dozen acne types (see the main image at the top of the page for the main types of acne and what they look like) and 3 acne stages (pictured above) that you need to know about to see how to treat your acne the best. Acne is usually caused by hormones or bacterial infection. It can be a reaction to an allergen, but that is more of an allergic reaction than actual acne. It can start off from an imbalance in your hormones levels, and get worse because of constantly touching your skin, and causing an additional bacterial (or fungal) breakout on your affected areas. Here are the main types of acne:
- Whitehead (small to medium sized white pus filled bump on your skin)
- Blackhead (smaller sized black dot, sometimes raised on your skin)
- Papule (small red bump that may be a little painful and sensitive)
- Pustule (small red and painful bumps, with a white head sometimes)
- Nodule (nodules are larger pimples on your chest or back usually, the type you want to “get your pliers to pop, lol)
- Cyst (similar to nodule, but can show up anywhere, a larger painful type of inflammatory acne, pimples are filled with bacteria and pus)
Acne usually starts out in the mild phase, and will end there if you treat it asap. If left untreated or if you mess with your pimples (trying to pop them, rather than treat them) they will end up as moderate to severe and you can even be faced with scarring of your skin. Acne Cysts are the most troubling of types of acne infections you can get. They can cause the most potential damage to your skin and even lead to scarring and infection.
How to Get Rid of Acne Cyst
How to Get Rid of Acne Cyst? Acne cysts can be deep in the dermal layers and almost impossible to “pop.” You really shouldn't even try. You need to get them from the inside out, there is no quick fix for this. Topical treatments can help dry the top layer up, but they will return if you don't stop your cystic acne cause first. How to treat acne cyst breakouts using specific herbs that stop the reason for them forming in your skin in the first place. This type usually affects the neck, back and chest areas as well.
Cystic Acne is in large part due to your liver and lymph nodes being overworked and unable to cleanse the toxins out before they reach your skin (your largest organ.) Using organic herbs that cleanse and boost your liver and lymph function will directly stop the irritation under your skin and improve you skin tone, elasticity and feel dramatically! Organic herbs are highly important as you don't want to be adding additional toxins when you're already trying to get them out! Banyan's Healthy Skin Formula works really well for all types of acne, particularly the acne cyst. See the above review to see how well is works for a long time acne cyst sufferer that has gotten rid of acne cysts for good!
Acne Caused by Hormones
One of the most common causes of a dreaded breakout of pimples or zits is Acne Caused by Hormones. This is most common when you're an adolescent growing into puberty, and your testosterone/estrogen starts suddenly kicking in. You can quickly go from that “north star” type pimple to a whole constellation overnight. Same with mid-life hormonal changes and when a woman become pregnant with child, called pregnancy acne. Your liver and your skin are directly related as if your liver is having trouble balancing your hormones or getting rid of toxins, it goes to your largest organ (your skin) to let you know it's having an issue that needs to be corrected. Doing a regular liver cleanse can help keep your skin looking the best it can naturally.
The best way to stop this type of acne is to balance your hormones. If you're male then it's usually an excess of testosterone and DHT (dihydrotestosterone) and using Saw Palmetto Extract can really help you stop the negative effects of that burst of testosterone. If you're female, then using Black Cohosh Root can really help you balance the negative effects when excess estrogen and progesterone get out of balance. Milk Thistle is another great herb that cleanses your liver and helps your skin stay clean and clear. You still need to treat it topically with a natural acne soap or acne cream and even essential oils for acne.
With inflammatory type breakouts, Acne Bacteria is usually the culprit. It can be from exposure (touching your skin with bacteria on your hands, or touching an object that has bacteria on it. It usually happens when you have an itch or skin uncomfortableness and start touching or scratching it without thinking. If you have hormonal acne you are still probably touching your skin because of being conscious of it and wanting it to go away faster.
It almost always makes it worse, and if you try and pop it unsuccessfully, it can become further infected and turn into painful pustules and cysts. It can even create permanent scars. The best thing is to wash it really good with hot water and use baking soda or an acne soap if you have it handy. The best things I've discovered for this type of acne is using essential oils for acne, particularly oregano oil, because it is so good against bacterial infections.
Best Acne Essential Oil
Oregano Oil is great taken internally because it's main healing property is it being a powerful anti-bacterial natural substance. You can apply it directly if you have any of the healing organic essential oils, like Oil of Oregano (you can open a capsule and massage it into your skin). The Best Acne Essential Oil is a blend of tea tree oil (powerful but needs to be blended with lavender) so it won't over dry the skin. Organic essential oils like Moringa Seed oil, Clary Sage oil, Tea Tree oil, Kashmir Lavender oil, or Bergamot oil as these are great for skin purification and can stop acne from becoming infected and help it heal much faster.
There is an easy to use essential oil roll on formula that has most of these, called Soothe Acne Blend (pictured above) that can help prevent your acne from becoming more serous and prevent permanent scarring. It can even help of you have some mild acne scars. I love using organic essential oils since I've learned about them a few years ago, and now I use them regularly and they improve everything from my concentration, to allergies to better sleep!
How to Prevent Acne
How to Prevent Acne and pimple breakouts. There is not too much you can do about normal hormonal changes except to to balance them after they occur as shown above. There are certain foods you should eat and certain foods you should avoid if you're concerned about acne. Acne is an acidic condition (like most harmful chronic conditions) so eating less acidic, processed type foods will go a long way in your quest for beautiful skin and a healthy and long life.
Eat as many alkaline foods as you can (I even drink ionized alkaline water) because it is good for your skin and other organs too. Infections (viral and bacterial) along with cancer needs an acidic body to thrive in. Make yours alkaline and you will be immune to most of this. You can even wash your face with alkaline water (add lemon and Himalayan salt to purified water if you don't have alkaline water) and rinse your face with it regularly. It will neutralize the acids that cause blackheads and end up as acne.
Foods to Avoid for Acne
The most common Foods to Avoid for Acne are high glycemic index (high sugar) foods, white bread, white tortillas, white pasta, processed foods, most fast foods, sodas and sugary drinks. Here is a small list of acne foods to avoid:
- Avoid all non-organic milk products that you possibly can (milk is filled with puss, hormones and antibiotics that will actually weaken your immune system, as well as substances that our bodies cannot breakdown – lactose and galactose). Opt for Organic foods, as they will be minimally processed and won't have the hormones or antibiotics.
- Avoid as much processed foods as you can (they cause excess blood sugar in people of any age, provide no nutrition, and also raise cortisol – the stress hormone that wants to escape any way it can – usually through your skin!)
- Avoid excess sugars and simple carbohydrates. They are highly acidic and will clog up your pores and lead to inflamed acne or zits)
Foods with names you can't easily pronounce, these are usually chemicals or genetically engineered food additives that not only make your skin ripe for acne, but make you ripe for disease as well!
Foods That Fight Acne
Here are some good examples of Foods that Fight Acne and help your skin and body stay healthy, youthful and vigorous at any age:
- Organic Black Seed Oil Black Cumin seed oil (nigella sativa) is a powerful natural anti-aging, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune system balancer. It heals skin conditions like acne, eczema and psoriasis. It has potent cancer healing benefits (even from the medical treatment of cancer like chemotherapy and radiation sickness. It is also good for arthritis, diabetes, blood sugar, blood pressure, LDL cholesterol and improves skin texture and thinning hair and color.)
- Eat healthy fats like avocado, flax seed and coconut oils
- Eat Berries (organic)
- Eat foods that are high in zinc and selenium, like Pumpkin Seeds and Brazil nuts
- Eat Magnesium Rich Alkaline foods like almonds and green leafy vegetables. Most people are deficient in natural magnesium. Low magnesium causes insomnia, irritability, anxiety & depression and other chronic health conditions. See: best type of magnesium.
- Eat Probiotic foods (fermented foods like yogurt, kefir and Kim-chi). See: What are Probiotics Good For to find out why you should be eating these foods regularly
- Drink as much alkaline water and beverages (like organic green juices) as you can as it will prevent acidity, inflammation and bacteria from thriving in your body as well as help prevent acne breakouts.
Eat as many natural organic foods that you can. Choose foods made from a plant, rather than foods made in a plant (manufacturing plant) and you will have beautiful glowing skin, free from acne and zits.
How to Stop Breakouts
How to Stop Breakouts and keep your skin clean and beautiful. Getting Acne Relief starts by getting the toxins out of your skin without scarring or having major zit attacks. Exercise regularly (to break a sweat) so you can open your pores and release the toxins and excess hormones, so that they have an easy method of escape and don't turn into blocked acne).
- Rub a slice of fresh lemon on your face and let it set for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water with a pinch of sea salt. It will change the ph of your skin making it more balanced and stops any surface bacteria too.
- Wash your face with Acne Soap then apply a bentonite clay mask to get all the toxins out.
- Use a Bentonite Clay Mask to deep cleanse your pores and draw out toxins, oils and trapped dirt.
- Spot treat with an essential oil blend (as shown in a paragraph above)
- Go in to a sauna or steam room if you can (this will help you clean and open your pores). Remember to cool down before you back out so you can close your pores afterward.
- Use a natural acne cream like Proactiv (people do just fine without plastic surgery or expensive office visits) and they only treat the effect, not the cause like we are doing here.
How to Treat Acne
How to Treat Acne naturally and prevent breakouts and acne scarring. Proactiv is the Best Acne Medication ever invented! It is the fastest method to clear acne before it leaves your skin pockmarked and damaged. It is the best selling Acne Medication on the market and widely used by celebrities like Katy Perry and Julianne Hough who need to look their best all the time. Listen to what Julianne did to stop her acne cold in it's tracks and why this is the best system to stop acne before it even starts:
Don't just take my word for it, look at the actual results of people with horrible acne problems that transformed into fresh faced magazine ready faces. Look at the following before and after picture and judge the results for yourself, even for severe acne. If you have concentrated acne, it will work even faster for you!
Don't suffer any longer, you owe it to yourself to look and feel better about yourself now. Don't let acne scar your face or body permanently. Stop the irritation, redness and inflammation now and look your best in a few short days from now. Click on the Proactiv Professional Acne Treatment below and you can find out how you can clear up your acne today and be ready go out tomorrow night.