How to Treat Hypothyroidism Naturally
Hypothyroidism is a condition that causes your thyroid gland to function at a lower and slower level that normal. It is a warning that your bodys thyroid gland needs attention before it progresses into a more harmful thyroid condition like thyroid disease or thyroid cancer. It is nothing to cause panic or fear, it just needs you need to take a few steps to get it balanced properly so you can live a happy and healthy life. Learning How to Treat Hypothyroidism Natuarlly can help you restore the natuarl balance in your thyroid gland and improve your immune system so it can protect you from this ever increasing amount of toxins in our diet and daily environment.
Your thyroid gland protects you against environmental toxins, particularly radiaiton uptake when it is healthy and working properly. When it isn’t the first signs you will notice is feeling tired all the time. You will usually have weight gain because your thyroid gland controls your metabolism or how much energy you burn from stored body fat. The Hypo in hypothyroidism means low, so you are not burning calories as energy as effeciently as you should. This can usually be corrected 100% naturally with diet, exercise and a few key nutrients, which will be shown towards the end of this article.
Types of Thyroid Conditions
Your thyroid gland is one of your body’s most important protective glands. It acts like a wall to block the uptake of radiation particles, heavy metals, and even acts as an immune supressor that protects you from spreading infection. It controls your natural sete weight or metabolism and how fast you burn calories for energy. Here are the most common Types of Thyroid Conditions:
- Hypothyroidism: The most common form of thyroid condition, it makes up about 80% of all thyroid based conditions. Hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid gland) means your body is producing too little thyroid hormone; slowing down your body functions and making you feel cold and gain weight that you can’t seem to keep off.
- Goiter: Is the swelling and inflammation of your thyroid gland, usually on one side of your neck at a time. You can easily feel and see a big lump to the side of your throat. Goiters can be harmless, but painful. You need to supplement with nascent iodine asap. It can also be from an autoimmune thyroid condition called Hashimotos thyroiditis.
- Thyroiditis: Is an inflamed and irritated thyroid gland, most commonly from a microbial infection (visrus or bacteria) or from an autoimmune type condition. Thyroiditis can be painless or can be very painful and swollen.
- Graves Disease: Is a more severe autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overstimulated, causing a severe overactive thyroid gland or hyperthyroidism.
- Thyroid Cancer: Fortunately, is one of the least common forms of cancer and is rarely fatal if you treat it holistically, which you will learn how to do below.
- Hyperthyroidism: Is observed in very thin people. People with an Hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland) can’t seem to gain weight no matter how much they eat. When body is producing too much thyroid hormone, you will feel warmer rather than colder, than normal and are very figity or show signs of OCD.
After you treat your thyroid condition natually, you will usually notice rapid weight loss and increased energy and mental clarity. I eat mostly organic foods and exercise regularly and still get a very noticeable weight loss result after taking the natural thyroid boosting supplements.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
What are the Causes of Hypothyroidism? There are a number of hypothyroidism causes that can make your thyroid underactive. Iodine Deficiency is the most common cause, so adding supplemental Nascent Iodine (shown at the end of this article) is a no-brainer. You have to be careful with the sources of iodine as some are from kelp that has absorbed a lot of radiaton from spills and accidents that have happened not to long ago. Pharmaceutical drugs can interact with your thyroid and cause negative side effects and damage your thyroid gland. Autoimmune diseases can lead to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, also called chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, where your thyroid gland initially starts out as hyperthyroidism (working too fast) and then triggers your immune system to attack it. It is about 7 times more common in women than in men.
The following list shows the most common causes of an underactive thyroid:
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Compromised Immune System (overactive or weak immune system)
- Chronic Stress (the cause of a lot of conditions)
- Epilepsy Prescription Meds (consider Organic CBD Oil instead)
- BiPolar Medicines like Lithium Lithobid (Use Lithium Orotate instead)
- Chemical based iodine medicines (safe nascent iodine shown at end of article)
- Antibiotic overuse (can cause autoimmune issues)
- Vaccine side effect
- Adrenal Fatigue (which is why the herb Ashwagandha is recommended)
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can cause more serious problems. It can cause swelling of your thyroid gland (lump in your throat) and even appear to be reddish in color. If you’ve had any thyroid type surgery or experienced endocrine system abnormalities then it can affect how your thyroid functions. Having a low or compromised immune system can damage your thyroid as well as your whole body and lead to Rheumatoid Arthritis and autoimmune conditions that can be quite serious. When it is caused by autoimmunity it is called Autoimmune Thyroid Disease. If left untreated this can lead to Thyroid Cancer.
Signs and Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Hypothyroidism? You’ll usually experience feeling slugginsh and inability to lose weight. Your extremeties (hands, arms, legs and feet) will feel colder than normal. You won’t be able to concentrate as well as you normally do (brain fog.) Hypothyroidism can cause severe weight gain with the inability to keep the excess weight off. Having a underactive thyroid can make you feel lethargic, sluggish and even depressed. Your thyroid gland controls your metabolism, and how slow or fast your body burns off the calories from the food you eat. It can affect your fitness results as well. Many people workout with a passion and yet still can’t seem to lose an ounce of body weight with hypothyroidism.
The following list shows the most common symptoms of a hypothyroidism:
- Feeling Lethargic
- Brain Fog
- Memory Loss
- Inability to Lose Weight
- Muscle Weakness
- Feeling Depressed
- Dry or Cracked Skin
- Excess Vaginal Dryness in Women
- More Frequent Headaches
- Arthritis (particularly Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Joint Pain
- High Risk of Cancer
If you have any of these symptoms of hypothyroidism, you will want to get it checked out by your holistic health professional as soon as you can.
Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
Autoimmune Thyroid Disease is caused by a compromised immune system. Your immune system has become hijacked and now attacks your healthy cells instead of harmful microbes and pathogens like viruses and bacteria. It is usually caused by undetected viruses that have cloaked themselves at the expense of your immune system and healthy cells. Your organs like your thyroid gland are targets for this autoimmune condition if you don’t get it treated quickly. If you have psoriasis, which is an autoimmune condition (your skin is your largest and most visible organ) so it signals that you need to stop your compromised immune system before it leads to thyroid disease, Rheumatiod Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Celiac Disease, Scleroderma, Lupus and other more serious conditions.
Most chronic conditions are caused by an underlying viral infection (compromised immunity) and not having an outlet for stress (it creates excess cortisol hormone production that causes ill effects in your body.) The video by Dr. Tent (a holistic physician and chiropractor) in the section below explains how and why this is happening. There is plenty you can do to prevent this type of damage and even reverse the negative effects it is causing in your body. You can get a specific test called a “viral panel” that shows if this is the case for you or not. It usually is.
Thyroid Disease of the Eye
Thyroid Disease of the Eye is an autoimmune disorder that affects your eyes making you look bug eyes. The symptoms that you notice with this type of condition usually include any of the following; dry eyes, watery eyes, red eyes, bulging or bug eyes, a fixed “stare,” double vision, difficulty closing your eyes, and other problems with vision. The muscles in your eye socket or orbit, and fatty tissues become highly inflamed and swollen. This pushes your eyeballs forward from the internal pressure and affects your normal eye movement. This causes your eyes to bulge forward (exophthalmos).
With Eye Thyroid Disease you need to first resolve the autoimmune cause to stop the negative symptoms of this conditon. The regimen at the end of this article includes a good course of treatment to stop the autoimmune issue as well as strenghten your thyroid gland so it will perform normally and protect you. The video below explains why this is happening so you can become clear on how to prevent this from happening to you or a loved one.
Hashimoto’s Hypothyroiditis (HT) or Hashimoto Disease is a frequent cause of an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) in the US and Canada. It is called Hashimoto’s because of its discoverer; Dr. Hakaru Hashimoto who first discovered it in 1912. It is an autoimmune condition that causes your body’s immune system to attack your healthy cells and thyroid gland like the Eye Thyroid Disease discussed above.
Hashimoto’s Disease causes weakness, lowered heart rate, and an enlarged thyroid gland (swollen thyroid or lump in thyroid gland in your neck area). It can lead to other harmful conditions like GI Disorders (gastro-intestinal) like Crohn’s, Celiac’s and even Diabetes. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis can also cause pain from chronic inflammation in your whole body, If left untreated for long it can lead to severe heart problems, malnutrition and even Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Exercise for Hypothyroidism
Exercise for Hypothyroidism. Specific Yogic poses or Tai Chi movementes can help stimulate your thyroid gland. You can move your neck from side to side, front to back slowly can help increase circulation and get your gland flowing a little more. I highly recommend you try to release the blocked energy pathways from Hypothyroidism using a pressure point therapy “EFT Tapping” or Emotional Freedom Technique.
EFT tapping therapy is based upon the eastern medicine practice of acupuncture meridians and natural energy flow in the body. It is a painless form of acupuncture called acupressure that involves tapping on specific nerve points to release stuck energetic pathways in the body. It can quickly balance your thyroid gland and boost your metabolism. You can do it while taking nascent iodine and selenium as they can go where the circulation if most active and help restore a normal and healthy thyroid gland balance. Follow a healthy Paleo Diet and use those types of foods to energize and cleanse your thyroid gland.
What to Eat for Hypothyroidism
What to Eat for Hypothyroidism. Here are the best foods to eat for hypothyroidism and foods to avoid for hypothyroidism. Include as many as the good ones and pass on the ones to avoid and drink plenty of alkaline water and green vegetable juices as much as you can.
What to avoid:
- GMO foods (Genetically Engineered Foods) particularly soy foods and products
- Aspartame (artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet, Sucralose and other harmful food additives)
- Fluoride (Use an organic Fluoride-free toothpaste and don’t drink tap or bottled water unless it’s fluoride free)
- Iodized Table Salt (use natural unprocessed sea salt, Himalayan or Celtic salt)
- Unsaturated fats (use organic coconut oil, organic butter, ghee or other natural saturated fats)
- Raw Cruciferious vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower or turnips (Brassica family)
What to Eat:
- High Quality Proteins (Organic Hemp Protein, Chia or Flax seed, Organic Whey Protein, Eggs)
- Superfoods (Green Vegetables, spirulina, chlorella, almonds, walnuts)
- Healthy Oils (Coconut Oil, Organic Butter or Ghee, Grapeseed or Flax Seed Oil)
If you haven’t already begun to drink alkaline water, you’ll want to do that asap. It alkalizes your body and disease can’t thrive in a highly alkaline body. Use alkaline water with a 8.5 to 9.5 pH level. Ionized Alkaline Water is best because it is not only alkalizes your body but it has very high antioxidant levels (ORAC) that get rid of the free radicals that can cause disease and tumors to form in your thyroid. Use an infrared sauna if you have access to one to help you detox and sweat out impurities in your body.
Natural Treatment of Hypothyroidism
Use the following organic natural herbs, vitamins, minerals individually or together to cleanse, boost and balance your thyroid gland naturally. It is a natural Natural Treatment of Hypothyroidism that can help lower excessive thyroid function (hyperthyroidism) and boost low thyroid function (hypothyroidism) safely and naturally. Nascent Iodine and Ashwagandha (an herbal ayurvedic remedy) are also recommended as they work together to get your thyroid glands to produce an optimal level of your thyroid stimulating hormones naturally. When you thyroid is naturally stimulated and balanced you just feel more energetic and alive and it even boosts your immune system. You also lose weight without even trying.
Here are the best supplements for thyroid healing, balancing and boosting:
- Ashwagandha – An Adaptogenic Herb that helps strengthen the Thyroid Gland
- Nascent Iodine – Nano-Colloidal Organic Nascent Iodine Protects and energizes your thyroid gland naturally
- Selenium – A natural Mineral that is Important for Healthy Thyroid Function and to prevent Musular Dystrophy (MD)
- Vitamin B12 – Vegan Safe Organic Vitamin B12 Complex that Strengthens Your Thyroid Gland (Boosts low thyroid functioning)
- Zeotrex – Natural Zeolite is the #1 Heavy Metal and Radiation Detoxifier- Unclogs Thyroid
These natural nutrients work best together as they are more healing and complement each other better than separately. But you can for sure start with a zeolite based detox like zeotrex and then feed it with nascent iodine. The organic ashwagandha, Vitamin B-12 and Selenium are best for boosting low thyroid function or hypothyroidism. You can also use the formulas at the bottom of the page if you want a complete thyroid balancing system that is easiest to use and in the exact dosage for optimum thyroid health.
Natural Remedies for an Underactive Thyroid
Here are the best Natural Remedies for an Underactive Thyroid that safely detoxes and balances your thyroid gland, boosts its hormone production naturally! With Hashimotos thyroiditis you need to take care of the autoimmune condition first (which is typically a viral infection) that is causing your body’s immune system to attack itself, and that’s why the Zeotrex (a natural Zeolite formula) is highly recommended and listed above. Begin by balancing and boosting your immune system and detoxing your thyroid gland.
Balance and boost your natural thyroid function safely and effectively by using a natural thyroid boosting and balancing supplement like Lean Optimizer. Lean Optimizer is a potent herbal and mineral supplement that helps restores your proper thyroid function so you have natural energy and get to your ideal set weight naturally (results on hormone levels shown in the above graph.) It not only boost your natural thyroid hormones but also does to all your other hormone levels as they all work together in balance.
Here are the best supplements for thyroid healing, balancing and boosting:
- Natural Thyroid Formula (pictured above) has the best natural ingredients for thyroid boosting and balancing in one supplement (Kelp for Iodine, Ashwagandha, Vitamin B-12, Selenium, Tyrosine and Zinc)
- Complete Thyroid Balancing Kit (pictured below) has Natural Herbs Minerals and Vitamins for optimum Thyroid Boosting and Balancing. Includes full sized bottles of Selenium, Nascent Iodine and Vegan Vitamin B12)
These natural immune system boosters will boost what needs to be boosted and bring it back to it’s proper healthy balance. It will get rid of what is causing an autoimmune response, not just cover it up.