Treatment of the Norovirus
If you travel for pleasure or for work, particularly on a cruise ship then you probably have heard about the norovirus before. It is wise to learn how to prevent it from making your trip a living nightmare, because nothing feels as bad as having severe nausea and vomiting while at sea. You need to know about the best natural Treatment of Norovirus so you are not affected by it, or if you come in contact with someone who is you can take precautions and maybe even help them.
Having a few natural remedies at your disposal can save you and your family’s life or a world of hurt and sickness. Don’t be stuck somewhere without a way to prevent and stop the spread of it. You can easily prevent catching it and getting really sick if you follow the simple norovirus prevention and natural treatment options at the end of this article. Don’t let norovirus or food poisoning spoil your vacation and even life.
There always seems to be a rash of norovirus outbreak reports that it is affecting large gatherings of people, particularly at sporting events and even luxury cruise ships. You may have heard of the norovirus outbreak Royal Caribbean event. They happen all the time so it is best to prepare and take some simple preventative and precautionary measures to make sure you and your family and/or loved ones don’t get affected by this particularly nasty form of viral outbreak.
At a local Cheerleading competition in Washington State, about 230 people got very sick from a Norovirus outbreak as reported on MSNBC:
Health officials confirmed Friday that a fast-acting gut bug known as norovirus is responsible for an outbreak of illness that sickened more than 200 people gathered for a cheerleading championship in Washington state last weekend. For the complete story visit MSNBC
Have You Ever Heard of Norovirus?
What is Norovirus?
What is norovirus? The Norovirus (previously called Norwalk Agent, or Nora Virus) is the cause of over 90% of epidemic non-bacterial viral outbreaks of severe and intense bouts of gastroenteritis worldwide. We are not immune to it through normal norovirus vaccines or rotavirus vaccinations. This norovirus virus is resurgent and has become particularly resistant due to our widespread overuse of anti-bacterial and anti-viral cleaning agents being used in homes and public places.
It is typically spread through person to person contact by one contaminated person, who may touch other commonly touched objects like doorknobs, tables and other shared items. It is rapidly spread through food workers, who do not wash their hands with hot water and soap. Chlorine Bleach is lethal to the Noraviruses and Rotaviruses as is high temperatures. In the case of Norovirus Outbreaks, it is best to thoroughly sanitize common areas with hot water and chlorine bleach as soon as possible.
What are Symptoms of Norovirus
What are Symptoms of Norovirus? Norovirus symptoms tend to come on fast and furious, and doesn’t give you a chance to do anything other than run to the bathroom before you double over in severe pain, and vomit on the way there. Here are the most common signs of norovirus to look for in yourself or others to see if they are experiencing it:
- Acute Gastroenteritis (24-48 hours after exposure, lasting 24-72 hours)
- Rapid Nausea Feeling and Dizziness
- Forceful Vomiting (severe stomach contractions)
- Watery Stools (acute diarrhea)
- Severe Abdominal Pain (and cramps)
- General Body Weakness
- Lethargy (Your body is being robbed of energy fighting this critter)
- Body wide Muscle Aches
- Low Grade Fever or Severe Head Aches
- Cough and General Irritation
- Loss of Appetite and Loss of Taste
You may feel like you want out of this life. But do hold on, because in most cases it will pass in a few days. You should immediately begin drinking alkalizing liquids (like ionized water, or water with sea salt in it, or the juice of a squeezed lemon.) Avoid table salt, because of it’s high chemical content. Natural sea salt is highly alkaline.
How Long is Norovirus Contagious?
How Long is Norovirus Contagious? Norovirus is normally active for 3 days if it is not re-transmitted. Since this is a very nasty stomach flu, instead of the normal influenza respiratory flu, it is spread through touching contaminated items, like drinking glasses, public shared food in an open area. Always wash your hands and utensils thoroughly with hot water and soap when around contaminated areas or on cruise ships. Don’t share food or drinks with others and do not touch shared items unless sterilized until a day or two after you show no symptoms of norovirus or stomach flu.
Prevention of Norovirus
You do need to be careful and use Prevention of Norovirus if you’re in a suspected infection area because the norovirus infection spreads rapidly and kills over 300 people a year in the U.S. alone. You don’t have to be a “germophobe” or one that is obsessed with being germ free, but you do need to take a few simple precautions. Wash thoroughly when you visit a wet area like restroom. If you’re a camping fanatic like I am then you can take some colloidal silver with you and drink a shot of it, and also wash your hands with it.
Norovirus can be spread by sharing drinking glasses or even contaminated tap water. Never drink tap water! Always drink bottled or better yet reverse osmosis filtered water if you’re at home. If you’re out on vacation, on a cruise ship or camping trip bring your own small portable water filter with you, it can save your life! You have to drink water to survive, and if your only source is contaminated, you are up the creek without a paddle!
How to Treat Norovirus
How to Treat Norovirus naturally. Use this natural Treatment for Norovirus (as a preventative or during symptoms of norovirus):
- Zeolite: Natural Anti-Virus, Anti-Microbial, Heavy Metal and Radiation Detoxifier. This is the top First Aid Item – and it’s recommended to take some before you leave. You can take a small bottle off Liquid Zeolite with you in your purse or backpack and be protected. Always have some on hand before you go on any trip!
- Colloidal Silver Liquid: A Powerful Natural anti-viral agent, anti-bacterial (Interferes with the reproduction cycle of pathogens trying to replicate like rabbits inside your body). You can also get a Colloidal Silver Generator and make your own. You will have emergency medicine for pennies for years to come. Great for emergencies as you will always have something for viruses, bacteria and outbreaks!
- Ellagic Acid is a natural antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal. It also is a cancer preventative and tumor reducer. It is safe for your immune cells but causes apoptosis (cell death) for cancer cells. It also is lethal for yeast infections and parasites.
- Get a Parasite Zapper electro cleanse device and use it immediately! This is a small handheld device that use a simple 9 volt battery and zaps pathogens with an electromagnetic frequency that disrupts their breeding and weakens their membrane (outer skin) so they literally explode much the way a singer can break a wine glass when she hits the same pitch as the glass membrane! Your white blood cells (macrophages) then clean them up. That’s why it’s important to drink plenty of alkaline water to keep them moving our of your system afterwards.
- Use Medicinal Mushrooms – they are very potent immune fighters and health protectors. (You can also make a tea out of these like Reishi, Shiitake, Maitake, Chaga and Turkey Tail, although the flavor is a little rough for me so I take the caps if I have them)
- Best Black Seed Oil Organic black cumin seed oil (nigella sativa) is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory and immunity booster. It has potent cancer healing benefits (even from the medical treatment of cancer like chemotherapy and radiation sickness. It is also good for arthritis, diabetes, blood sugar, blood pressure, LDL cholesterol and improves skin and hair.)
- Wash your hands with Regular Soap (not anti-bacterial as it creates bacteria and virus resistant pathogens in your body) and Hot Water after you touch things in a large public gathering.
Do these few things and you won’t have to worry about being sick and miserable when you wanted to have a great time instead.